Sunday 17 July 2011

My first encounter with Mr Midnight Books

Mr Midnight is one of Asia's best selling horror books. :3 My favourites  :)

"MR MIDNIGHT is a phenomenally successful horror series for children by James Lee. The series is so popular that the books even outsold Harry Potter in Singapore and Malaysia. Now, Mr Midnight-mania is spreading across Asia. Sales have exceeded a mind-boggling 2 million copies, making James Lee Asia’s #1 children’s author!"

End with all the compliments. I guess my first encounter with one of Mr Midnight books is when I'm 9 years old. I found some of the books in my school library. When I saw book #22 Wormhead, I was like "WAH, THIS BOOK COVER ILLUSTRATION SO NICE! ITS PINK IN COLOUR TOO! I'M GONNA BORROW THIS BOOK!!" I know I sound kind of dumb but that time I'm really absorbed in it.
Here's book #22 synopsis ::
STORY #1: When Jamie Koh used her beautiful new comb, she turned into a WORMHEAD. Soon, Jamie and her friends track their enemies to a cemetery and a secret world filled with deadly secrets.

STORY #2: THEY CAME FROM THE DRAIN and will stop at nothing! Esmonde Sng battles terrifying mutant human cockroaches. Can you handle the horror?: 

#1 Mr Midnight book #22

I guess my all-time favourite book is book #37 The Dead Are Dancing.

The story is about a girl named Sherilyn Sum who's very unlucky to be haunted by (EVERYONE MENTIONED IN MR MIDNIGHT IS UNLUCKY THOUGH.) the world's most feared ghost, The Ballerina who wanted to cast a spell on her. The Ballerina somewhat killed her teacher when she's still a human to be the best ballerina in the world. Now, she haunts every young ballerina and forced them to let her soul in their body so they will have fame and become famous. But in turn they will have to suffer. Hilarious, right?


#2 Mr Midnight Book #37

Now, enough with Mr Midnight. I wanted to introduce about James Lee's other best-selling series, Mr Mystery. I love to read them because its thrilling, exciting and mostly intriguing! It's worth reading and I enjoyed it very much.

The story-line is very similar to Case Closed which I should say. There are two kinds of plot. First, its somewhat confirmed that Alvin Soh's father, Alan Soh had been killed by The Snake and its framed as an accident during his death mentioned in book #8. There are matters that Alvin and The Snake had to settle. "It's personal. Just between The Snake and me." Its gonna be a long way till the ending then. This is the main plot. 

Next, there are many cases that The Snake are not involved and it just came to Alvin and his investigators. This is the so-called daily plot.

See, so many similarities, right?

Mostly, cases in Mr Mystery had to do with rich business men, or even famous public figures. Which, I think was kind of like... TOO COMMON. But the cases are quite nice, but some cases are too complicated. But, at least children like me can understand.

I love book #12. The case in it are kinda, like... well-planned. I really enjoy reading it.


#3 Mr Mystery Book #12

So, I'm going to end this post now. Goodnight. ^_^ Looking forward in reading more Mr Midnight and Mr Mystery books.

Pictures courtesy of Mr Midnight and Mr Mystery Official Facebook Page.

NEXT POST: Teacher's Day Celebration

No comments:

Post a Comment